Friday, July 2, 2010

My Review of Womens Mizuno Wave Rider 13 Running Shoe

Originally submitted at Road Runner Sports

Women's MIZUNO® WAVE® RIDER 13 :: Discover the perfect balance of soft cushioning and responsive flexibility. The women's Mizuno® Wave® Rider 13 has a new collar liner that locks heels in place and throws away the key. Innovative flex eyelets reduce strain on your instep...


Rocks get stuck

By runningfor3 from Springfield, VA on 7/2/2010

 

4out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Arch Type: High Arch

Pros: Good Arch Support, Breathable, Cushions Impact, Durable

Best Uses: Road Running

Describe Yourself: Avid Athlete

I really like the shoes. They seem to run narrow, but that's perfect for me since I need to wear narrow Nikes or Asics. They are holding up well for my ~25 mi/wk. Biggest drawback is that when I run on packed-dirt trails, gravel pieces always get stuck in the treads. Rocks as large as a 1-inch diameter get stuck in the heel as well.

(legalese)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As your sister, with similarly narrow feet, I love this shoe. Though I can second your criticism by pointing out that snow also can get packed into that crevasse as well and be a big pain in the winter time. It leads to alot of foot stompin' during a snowy run.
With love from "up north".