You only need a flat tire 4 miles from home once to realize that you ought to bring a spare tire along. So, here’s what I consider the essential items to bring along for every run:
- Water: some for everyone since the kids will never share when you want them to.
- House keys
- Cell phone for emergencies.
- Road ID because I never remember to put my ID back in my wallet afterwards.
- Hand pump
- Spare inner tube* or patch kit
- Tire levers
- Extra diaper and wipes, if applicable
- Optional: accessories for the weather such as blankets, sunglasses, snacks, etc.
*Small stroller wheels are usually 12”, medium are 16” and large are 20”. Your stroller tires and your older child’s bike tires might be the same size.