Thursday, May 28, 2009

Splish Splash

There was a bit of rain on Tuesday...I think that about 1" was recorded which sounds like so little, but...

I had been sick over the weekend and didn't run for 3 days so by Tuesday, come hell or high water, we were going. Well, I got high water. When it is not also cold, it can be liberating to run in the drenching rain. You don't have to worry about leaping over puddles once you've already got water squishing between your toes. You don't worry about covering your head from the rain once you're already so wet that your fingers are shriveled up like raisins. Plus, it is good for mental toughness and for testing out socks.

It is important, however, to have the right equipment if you want to run in drenching rain. #1 = rain shield for the stroller. I can choose this for myself, but it would be unfair to soak the kids. At the end of the 50-minute run, I could wring myself out, but the boy's left leg was only slightly damp and the baby was dry. I would also recommend a hat to shield your eyes from the driving rain and lightweight shorts that don't absorb as much water as mine did.

No comments: